Compiler Engineer LLVM
Our group is responsible for the core technology used in MathWorks code generation products. We are doing cutting-edge work on program analysis, language transformation, compiler optimization, and just-in-time compilation for simulation from high-level textual and graphical languages. Our optimizing compiler is actively developed by an elite team of talented programming language and compiler experts.
We are seeking a skilled compiler engineer with industrial-strength software engineering skills to help us improve our shared code generation infrastructure.
Design and implement new features in our core code generation infrastructure using your object-oriented and compiler development skills.
Deliver features using test-driven development, writing unit tests, and fast iterations.
Contribute creative workflows and tools to be used by internal and external customers.
Participate in cross-team collaboration across multiple development teams.
- Demonstrated experience in/with compiler development
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- MS + 2 years, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Practical compiler or interpreter implementation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to dive into and work with large code bases.
- Strong abstraction, algorithmic, and software architecture skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with LLVM or other virtual machines is a strong plus.
- Experience with Simulink or MATLAB is a plus.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.