Engineering Technical Writer
Resumen del empleo
Do you have a math, science, or engineering background? Do you have an aptitude for writing? Come join a team at MathWorks that writes online content to explain how to use our technical computing and code generation products for engineers and scientists.
As a Technical Writer, you will be embedded with a cross-functional development team. You will learn about our users, participate in product design reviews, help test the software, and create engaging, user-focused documentation. We will train you in state-of-the art techniques for creating topic-based technical information that our customers consume in the product, on hand-held devices, and on the web. Your technical knowledge will grow daily and the learning opportunities are endless.
You might be:
- A recent graduate in engineering or computer science with a keen interest in technical writing
- Experienced in MATLAB or C/C++ programming
- An experienced writer with an academic and professional background in a STEM field
At MathWorks, documentation is a key component of our products. As an integral member of our interdisciplinary team, you will:
- Write goal-oriented content that explains concepts and techniques.
- Create real-world examples that show how our products are applied in science and engineering solutions.
- Participate with the development team in product planning, design, and testing.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a master's degree, or a PhD degree
- Ability to learn and explain practical engineering and programming concepts and procedures
- Ability to develop and document creative examples of functionality to help users meet real-world design goals
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.