Senior Content Editor
Resumen del empleo
If reading about and learning technology appeals to you, if you have an eye for seeing ways to improve whatever you’re reading, if you consider yourself a teacher at heart, we’d like to talk with you. You might be:
- A developmental editor who works on technical subjects
- An experienced technical writer who enjoys coaching others
- A web content developer with a focus on technical communication
- An educator in a STEM-related field considering a career change
Play a significant role in the development of technical writers and customer-facing information:
- Serve as a thinking buddy for writers on their writing and content design.
- Give developmental and substantive feedback as well as copy edits on technically complex content.
- Run the software, test procedures, and examine examples to inform your edits.
- Collaborate on, develop, and communicate style guidelines, writing standards, and editorial processes.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Aptitude and curiosity to learn and understand technology
- Ability to adopt the perspective of and advocate for the customer
- Ability to give explicit and constructive feedback effectively, with rationale
- Ability to juggle priorities and adapt your editing to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, language, grammar, and organization
Web content design
Web content accessibility
This position is an on-site role located in Natick, MA.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.