Principal HR Business Partner
Join our growing HR team to address organizational needs and initiate, lead, or participate in a variety of challenging projects. Utilize and broaden your HR experience while providing guidance and coaching to managers and staff to facilitate and educate on employee relations, performance management and organizational design and development initiatives for a designated business area.
Build a strong business partner relationship with management and staff of a designated department and Develop a strong understanding of their business, their goals and challenges. Anticipate, assess, and help to address systemic issues through facilitation, coaching, counseling and the use of leading edge HR technology.
- Provide consultative guidance to business area managers on organizational and staff needs.
- Manage and resolve complex workplace and employee relations matters
- Coach and counsel management and staff on the performance management process.
- Collaborating with other HR team members, manage projects or provide direction on HR-related programs and practices.
- Ensure consistency, communication and collaboration in a matrixed and global environment.
- Analyze trends and use metrics to propose and develop solutions and best practices.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience is required.
- Expertise with Performance Management
- Expertise with employee relations
- Ability to provide credible HR guidance to and influence management at all levels
- Proven experience coaching and counseling all levels of staff on a wide variety of issues, and a thorough understanding of performance management systems and employment law
- Knowledge of OD concepts and models, such as team effectiveness, change management, communication styles, facilitation, and leadership development.
- Highly skilled in facilitating meetings and creating and delivering presentations to a variety of in-person and remote audiences
- Demonstrated business acumen and a working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines
- Analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to diagnose root causes
- Ability to work in a time sensitive and confidential environment
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Computer skills in MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), SharePoint, Skype for Business, and HRIS (Workday is a plus)
- High tech experience preferred
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here