Software Process Engineer
Do you enjoy contributing to software process improvement and leading change management efforts?
You will work with an internal community of software development staff to improve software development processes and practices. You’ll provide internal consulting and coaching, roll out new tools and standards, manage knowledge resources, and create and deliver training in various formats.
This role requires a passion for excellence in software development, strong technical aptitude, and natural leadership skills including great communication, creativity, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Partner with development teams to enhance your understanding of software development concepts, practices, and tools used at MathWorks and within the industry.
- Work with development leaders to identify opportunities to improve standards related to software engineering, for example, language and interface design.
- Work with internal experts to ensure that key knowledge is captured and shared. Review, catalog and promote knowledge and learning resources related to product standards. Facilitate and grow internal communities of practice.
- Identify and implement tools and processes to improve efficiency and quality for MathWorks products.
- Using problem-solving methodologies and systems thinking, drive projects to completion.
- Facilitate organizational adoption of new standards and best practices through thoughtful change management strategies. Roll out new content and find ways to help staff members successfully adopt it. Report out to senior staff on progress against business drivers.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, an engaging presentation style, and group facilitation.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles.
- Experience in process improvement and/or rolling out new standards and processes.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here