Seeking Interns for Spring 2020!
Perform all aspects of support related to the day to day computing needs of MathWorks employees. Provide support via phone, e-mail and Intranet as well as perform problem determination at the users’ workstations throughout MathWorks' Natick offices.
• Diagnose and resolve computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner. Accurately record such requests into the help system
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware, including desktops, laptops, peripherals, network equipment
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot software packages, including operating systems, desktop software and custom applications
• Provide first level support for networking and application issues; escalate complex problems to the appropriate groups or staff
• Successful completion of at least one year towards a University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information System Technology
• Working knowledge of desktop Operating Systems and desktop software including Microsoft Office products
• Familiarity with Desktop and Laptop hardware components
• Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction
• Ability to maintain calm demeanor under customer deadline pressures
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong initiative, self-motivation, and ability to complete tasks on time
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of network protocols and topology a plus
• Unix/Linux/Mac knowledge a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.