Occupancy Planning Analyst
In this role as Occupancy Planning Analyst, you will work within the Global Real Estate group supporting our worldwide offices. You’ll provide tactical occupancy planning expertise to support our global business operations.
You will partner with business area leaders to align space planning solutions with area requirements. This position requires a high level of analytic skills with experience creating complex models to forecast space supply and demand globally.
- Work with Real Estate, Design & Construction, and Workplace Services teams to establish a strategy for current and future capacity management and desk allocation
- Work cross functionally with senior leaders and their workgroups to ensure space is efficiently utilized and prepared for headcount growth
- Lead space planning by use of analytical tools and models
- Organize all data into approved forms for planning and hand off purposes, including blocking/stacking plans, proposed spreadsheet data and presentations of solutions.
- Guides stakeholders on space planning and management philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Support building projects from a space and headcount perspective.
- Update and maintain floor plans; update space and occupancy inventories.
- Conduct space and occupancy audits to maintain accurate reporting information.
- Develop migration plans and sequencing of group-level relocations.
- As part of your role you will create and maintain space related documentation, including occupancy reports and forecasts, timelines across regions.
- Report occupancy statistics/performance by site.
- Manage space planning tools for collecting data, tracking occupancy and hiring forecasts to proactively forecast need and efficiently manage space worldwide.
- Integrate with existing established systems (Finance and HR) to gain knowledge of hiring forecasts and adjust space planning needs accordingly.
- Provide reports for senior leadership as needed.
- Establish internal knowledge of business area alignments as relates to space planning
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Planning & Management, Architecture or Interior Design, or a related field preferred
- 4+ years of Space Planning experience in a large multi-national company is preferred
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with good humor and grace
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and quality
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to prepare senior level presentations.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor as well as part of a high energy team is essential
- Advanced spreadsheet, presentation, and document processing skills
- Ability to partner with cross functional departmental team members
- Ability to process work quickly, accurately, and with changing priorities
- Interface at all levels maintaining strong working relationships across cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively interpret, share, and apply policy and procedure
- MS: Excel/PowerPoint intermediate skill level required
- CAFM/IWMS experience required
- AutoCAD/Revit experience a plus
- Relational database knowledge a plus
- This position may have limited travel, 5-10% annually
- Ability to work with different cultures and be available to work across several time zones
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here