Senior Program Manager - Reliability and Security
As a Senior Program Manager, you will initiate, drive and execute programs that will deliver high standards of reliability, performance and security for MathWorks Online Products and Services. These programs and initiatives will help us achieve our SLAs and operational quality goals that are strategic to the success of our online products. You will partner with Product Owners, Developers, DevOps, and Site Reliability Engineers to define and implement tools, processes and standards to plan, build and run highly reliable and secure Online Products and Services.
Are you someone who is strategic, values collaboration, is passionate about process improvement and can motivate others towards achieving a shared vision? If so, then you may be the person we are looking for!
- Establish shared vision and goals for the operational quality initiative by partnering with the right stakeholders
- Create and manage program roadmaps, plans and milestones. Ensure those plans are SMART
- Define roles and responsibilities including identifying Informs, Consults and Negotiates for each initiative
- Define and implement communication plans addressing needs of all stakeholders
- Provide periodic status updates to the steering team and other stakeholders on the health of the program(s). Proactively identify risks and issues, define and implement mitigation strategies
- Define process and results KPI’s to measure the health of the program and associated projects
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and lead the effort to design and implement them
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience in web application security initiatives. Knowledge of security vulnerabilities, security standards and best practices like threat modeling, and compliance frameworks like SOC 2.
- Expertise in cross-organizational program management for building, testing and running software reliably
- Experience in developing and maintaining Online, Cloud or SaaS products
- Experience in creating and managing incident management and problem management tools and processes
- Knowledge and application of Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps framework and concepts like Observability, Reliability, Availability and Performance.
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them
- Expertise in process improvement and change management. Experience applying concepts like Root Cause Analysis and Hansei for problem solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written with senior management
- Experience using work management and collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here