Senior Program Manager - Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
As a Senior Program Manager, you will initiate and execute programs that will deliver high standards of reliability for MathWorks Online Products. These programs and initiatives will help us prevent incidents, achieve our SLOs/SLAs, and meet our operational quality goals that are strategic to the success of our online products. You will partner with Product Owners, Developers, Platform Engineering/DevOps, and Site Reliability Engineers to define and implement tools, processes, standards, and best practices to plan, build and run highly reliable Online Products.
Are you someone who is strategic, values collaboration, is passionate about process improvement and can motivate others towards achieving a shared vision? If so, then you may be the person we are looking for!
- Establish a shared vision and goals for achieving world class reliability for our Online Products by partnering with the right stakeholders. Create and manage program roadmaps, SMART plans, and milestones
- Define and implement communication plans that address the needs of all stakeholders. Provide periodic status updates to the steering team and other stakeholders on the health of the program(s)
- Define and implement tools and processes for problem management. Collaborate effectively with various stakeholders to investigate problems, identify root causes, and implement countermeasures to prevent incidents. Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement and lead the effort to design and implement them
- Proactively identify risks and issues; define and implement mitigation strategies
- Define process and results KPIs to measure the health of the program and associated projects
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with managing cross-organizational programs focused on building and running highly available and reliable online/SaaS products
- Experience in defining and managing incident management and problem management tools and processes
- Knowledge and application of Site Reliability Engineering, Platform Engineering, and DevOps framework and concepts like Observability, Reliability, Availability, and Performance
- Ability to influence others even when you do not have direct authority over them
- Expertise in process improvement and change management. Experience applying concepts like Root Cause Analysis, Reflection, A3, and Hansei for problem solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written with senior management
- Experience using work management and collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.