Acquisition Integration Leader - Corporate Development
MathWorks is seeking an Acquisition Integration Leader to join the Corporate Development team. As an individual contributor on the team, this role will focus on leading and managing the cross-functional integration of strategic acquisitions. This role will report to the VP of Corporate Development at MathWorks.
This person will have led multiple integrations and have operational experience in key areas of integration to best understand the work involved, common issues and what it will take to achieve successful outcomes. This person will bring sound experience in strategy formulation and management to develop the overall integration strategy and execution plan. This person will work closely with functional leaders from across MathWorks including HR, IT, Facilities, Legal and Finance, as well as acquired company leadership, to complete integration action items and deliver on strategic objectives of each integration. This person will focus on driving efficiencies, communication and transparency throughout the integration process.
This position will be based at MathWorks headquarters in Natick, MA.
- Lead and handle integration of strategic acquisitions of businesses and technologies on a global basis. Drive efficiencies, communication and openness throughout the integration process. Bring the right people in at the right time and accurately align integrations to the specific needs and strategic objectives of each acquisition.
- Use past operational experience, particularly in the context of integrations, in order to better partner with MathWorks integration leaders across Development, HR, IT, Facilities, Legal, Finance, Tax and others, as well as the acquired business, to drive successful outcomes from integrations.
- Participate in due diligence sessions to gain visibility into each acquisition and prepare preliminary integration plan in advance of closing.
- Set and maintain strategic priorities and ensure teams are focused on achieving target completion dates. Lead integration action items to closure through effective indirect leadership.
- Develop and lead the execution of an effective “Day One” onboarding plan.
- Help to supervise performance of acquisitions over the long-term.
- Refine and continuously improve best practices and integration playbook, in partnership with functional integration leaders, including leading post-integration reviews to identify areas of improvement.
- Assist VP Corporate Development on other corporate development initiatives as requested.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience leading overall integration, or serving as a key functional integration leader, of at least 5 acquisitions.
- Strong ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional integrations to achieve key landmarks through indirect leadership.
- Proven track record of successfully onboarding and retaining acquired staff, as well as the assimilation of best practices and systems.
- Knowledge and experience with project management, business processes, and systems to effectively manage overall integration and identify areas of potential process improvement.
- Strong analytical mentality and ability to remain passionate about overall strategic objectives of acquisition and integration.
- Operational experience within functional areas such as Finance or HR, within a software company, is a plus to better understand efforts involved in integrations.
- Able to adapt to and overcome challenges, as well as balance strategic and tactical execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational and project management skills.
- Self-starter and results oriented personality.
- MBA degree is a plus.
- Familiarity with MathWorks products is a plus.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here