Senior Application Engineer- Auto
Are you passionate about autonomous and electrified vehicles? Do you want to help shape how innovative automotive technology companies develop their products through Model-Based Design? If so, Application Engineering at MathWorks is the role for you.
Using your expertise in Model-Based Design methods, tools, and processes, you will learn customers’ current workflows, and uncover their key challenges and business initiatives. Applying your deep knowledge of MathWorks technical solutions and industry trends, you will bring compelling solutions to customers. You will also establish yourself as a trusted advisor and provide technical leadership by providing guidance on best practices, direction on workflow improvements, and connections to other MathWorks support teams.
Travel can be expected between 10-20%, generally throughout North America. This position is based in Santa Clara, CA.
- Collaborate with sales account managers, other technical specialists, and marketing stakeholders at MathWorks in creating and executing an overall account development plan.
- Engage with prospective customers (from engineers to executives) to understand their business-critical projects and their unique workflows
- Build and maintain long term relationships with customer decision makers and end users
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all business-critical customer projects
- Prepare and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight how MathWorks tools address customer needs
- Scope technical projects and coordinate with other technical specialists to address customer needs in specialized application areas
- Advocate internally on behalf of the customer to ensure their needs are understood for future product direction
- Experience with MATLAB
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Professional work experience with automotive development processes
- Working knowledge of Model-Based Design as a methodology is a plus
- Highly motivated towards working directly with customers, showing strong business acumen
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.