Accountant / Analyst
The MathWorks Finance team is a dynamic group responsible for accounting and reporting on the Company’s financial results, while also working to provide insights into our underlying business operations! As a staff accountant on this team, you will partner with a global team to prepare and report on our results, support our annual financial statement audit, assist with the creation of the annual expense plan and support analyses that will provide awareness into our operations.
The role requires familiarity with US GAAP, accounting processes and controls, an interest in working with systems to improve efficiencies and reduce waste and the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management across the organization.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Partner with key stakeholders to collect data during the month-end closing process to support management and US GAAP reporting. Prepare timely and accurate journal entries and account reconciliations, resolve reconciling items in a timely manner and assist with the consolidation and implementation of new accounting policies and standards.
- Develop an understanding of systems and processes that support accounting, including those related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and fixed assets.
- Serve as a partner for functional teams and remote finance teams, understanding needs and providing training, assistance and support for the monthly closing process.
- Proactively identify and drive process improvement opportunities that will improve our efficiency and support work flows related to the worldwide close and reporting process.
- Support monthly and quarterly reporting, compiling data and metrics and collaborating with team members to learn how to effectively present this information to different audiences.
- Support the process to prepare the annual expense plan; partner with members of different functional teams to develop projections and evaluate the information provided based on historical trends and expectations about changes in the business.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Strong capability working with Microsoft Excel, including the creation and use of pivot tables, an interest in learning more sophisticated skills in Excel as well as learning new tools
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- An interest in learning about the business and interacting with staff outside of finance
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here