Assistant Corporate Controller
The Corporate Assistant Controller will be an integral part of the company’s Finance Team that has worldwide responsibilities for financial reporting and analysis. This person reports to the Corporate Controller and will be involved in a significant portion of the WW financial reporting and analysis of operating results. The position will also support the analysis and development of insights into cost drivers while driving improvements in our financial and operating processes.
- Manage the consolidated financial statement audit for all entities in over 15 countries:
- Complete consolidated GAAP financial statements and analysis and validate the consolidated results are materially correct
- Assist with the ongoing purchase accounting and integration of acquired businesses and technology as needed
- Liaise with tax department for various accounting initiatives and tax events
- Partner with the Treasury team to effectively manage the global cash position and dividend strategy
- Partner with our Pricing Team to review complex licensing transactions to ensure contract pricing is appropriate and revenue recognition considerations are identified
- Support and execute key system and technology projects for the global Finance organization. Analyze workflows to support automation and apply critical thinking skills to understand impacts to upstream and downstream processes
- Drive process improvements throughout the WW team to maximize efficiency, including development and management of KPI’s in support of technology and system initiatives
- Perform analysis and compile information for senior management, external auditors and other advisors
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience is required.
- CPA preferred
- Experience in both the Corporate and public accounting sectors is a must, ideally at a growing, global software company
- Strong project management experience
- Previous experience at this level, including a multinational consolidation and the financial close
- Hands on process improvement experience a plus
- Effective communication skills with all levels of personnel is essential
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here