SoC Prototyping Wireless Communications Summer Intern
We are seeking a summer intern for 3 months to join our Quality Engineering team. You will contribute to designing, coding and testing new infrastructure that will help MathWorks qualify our Wireless Communications SoC prototyping products. As a summer intern within the SPC Quality Engineering team you will learn valuable software test automation skills while working on testing infrastructure for our SoC prototyping systems. You will deepen your knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink while learning about embedded and HDL systems. Working closely with the Engineering, Usability, and Documentation teams as you develop your test infrastructure, you will also contribute by qualifying bug fixes and new features.
You will have the opportunity to learn about MathWorks products and software/hardware development processes. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing advanced test tooling for our SoC prototyping products.
- Conducting real-world testing using advanced Software Defined Radio (SDR) platforms.
- Supporting new feature development by writing automated tests and performing interactive tests.
- Documenting software defects in our bug tracking database and verifying bug fixes in production code.
- Participating in code and documentation reviews.
- Candidates must be pursuing a bachelor's or master's level degree.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in the United Kingdom
- Programming experience with MATLAB, Simulink, scripting languages, C, C++ or JAVA is desirable.
- Experience with FPGAs and Embedded Systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of Signal Processing or Communications Systems is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving and programming skills.
- Independent and self-motivated.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here