Data Analysis Software Engineer Summer Intern
Looking for a Summer 2020 Data Analysis Software Engineer Intern!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work with our experienced software engineers to build Data Analysis functionality in MATLAB during the summer of 2020. This position requires someone who has an eye for detail and is passionate about algorithm development and scientific computing.
As an intern, you will receive a combination of practical experience and training in a work environment that fosters and rewards cooperation, teamwork, learning, and fun. You will extend your software and algorithm development skills in a highly collaborative environment, under the guidance of a mentor with extensive industry experience.
This internship will prepare you for a career at MathWorks starting in our Engineering Development Group (EDG).
After training on MathWorks development processes and tools, you will work with the MATLAB Data Analysis team on:
- Data Analysis and Data Preprocessing functionality in MATLAB, as used by engineers, scientists, and software developers throughout many application and industry areas worldwide.
- Fundamental mathematical libraries underlying MATLAB with a focus on algorithms for data cleaning, data smoothing, and outlier detection.
- New state-of-the-art algorithms for Augmented Data Preprocessing.
- Candidates must be pursuing a master's level or a PhD level degree in a technical discipline.
- Programming experience with MATLAB
- Pursuing an MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, with a strong academic record
- Ability to describe and communicate mathematical algorithms and translate them into code
- Object-oriented design and programming experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with programming in MATLAB or in a similar technical computing environment.
- Ability to work independently
- C++ experience is a plus.
- 3 months full-time commitment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here