Software Engineer in Test Summer Intern
Looking for Summer 2020 Simscape Electrical Engineer in Test intern!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team responsible for the testing and qualification of the Simscape Electrical product. This position requires someone who has an eye for detail and is passionate about test automation as well as the electrical and power systems domains.
As an intern, you will receive a combination of practical experience and training in a work environment that fosters and rewards cooperation, teamwork, learning, and fun.
This internship will prepare you for a career at MathWorks starting in our Engineering Development Group (EDG).
After training on MathWorks development processes and tools, you will work with the Simscape Electrical team on:
- Developing automated test suites for Simscape Electrical features and examples
- Improving the Simscape Electrical testbed and test tools
- Creating automated infrastructure to obtain code coverage metrics for the Simscape Electrical
- Candidates must be pursuing a master's level or a PhD level degree in a technical discipline.
- Proficiency with MATLAB
- Must hold a degree focused on Electrical Engineering
- Working towards a master’s or PhD degree in an engineering discipline with an Electrical or Power Systems emphasis
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Good problem-solving and programming skills
- Self-motivated and good time-management skills
- Knowledge of Simscape and/or Simscape Electrical is a plus
- Simulink knowledge a plus
- 6 months full-time commitment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here