Autonomous Navigation Development Intern
Looking for Spring, Summer, or Fall 2020 autonomous navigation development intern!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work with our experienced software engineers to build algorithms for autonomously navigating ground robots, manipulators, or drones. This position requires someone who has an eye for detail and is passionate about all things autonomous.
As an intern, you will receive a combination of practical experience and training in a work environment that fosters and rewards cooperation, teamwork, learning, and fun.
This internship will prepare you for a career at MathWorks starting in our Engineering Development Group (EDG).
After training on MathWorks development processes and tools, you will work with the Navigation Toolbox team on:
- Building new autonomous navigation technologies for Navigation Toolbox
- Expanding capabilities in areas such as localization, mapping, SLAM, path planning, behavior planning, and path following
- Testing these algorithms on simulated and physical ground-based, airborne or underwater robots.
- Candidates must be pursuing a master's level or a PhD level degree in a technical discipline.
- Familiar with MATLAB
- Familiar with Simulink
- Pursuing an MS or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a strong academic record
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art approaches to localization, mapping, SLAM, path planning, behavior planning, and path following
- Experience in programming and object-oriented design
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with physical autonomous systems such as self-driving cars, ground robots, or UAVs
- Familiarity with common robotics hard- and software platforms
- 3 months full-time commitment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here