Numerical Optimization Development Summer Intern
Looking for a Summer 2020 Numerical Optimization developer intern!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work with our experienced software engineers to improve MATLAB’s capabilities for convex optimization. This position requires someone who has an eye for detail and is passionate about numerical optimization.
As an intern, you will receive a combination of practical experience and training in a work environment that fosters and rewards cooperation, teamwork, learning, and fun.
This internship will prepare you for a career at MathWorks starting in our Engineering Development Group (EDG).
After training on MathWorks development processes and tools, you will work with the Optimization team on:
- Adding simpler ways to build convex optimization problems
- Building reformulations to solve convex problems efficiently
- Prototyping robust algorithms for convex optimization problems that arise in engineering
- Candidates must be pursuing a master's level or a PhD level degree in a technical discipline.
- Pursuing an MS or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a strong academic record
- Strong mathematics background (optimization, linear algebra, numerical analysis)
- Experience programming with MATLAB, C++ or other technical computing language
- Experience in programming and object-oriented design
- Strong communication skills
- 3 months full-time commitment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here