Software Engineer in Test Summer Intern - MATLAB
Looking for Summer/Fall 2020 Quality Engineering intern!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work with our experienced software engineers to qualify several high impact features in the field of Deep Learning, C/C++ and Model Based Design Verification. This position requires someone who has an eye for detail and is passionate about quality.
As an intern, you will receive a combination of practical experience and training in a work environment that fosters and rewards cooperation, teamwork, learning, and fun.
This internship will prepare you for a career at MathWorks starting in our Engineering Development Group (EDG).
After training on MathWorks development processes and tools, you will work with the Simulink Test QE team on:
- Creating test strategy and test procedures.
- Architecting test tools and adding automated tests using MATLAB
- Designing and implementing exploratory testing techniques (sweep testing, randomized testing, etc.)
- Work as an advocate for improved customer experience and champion product quality.
- Participate fully in the feature design and development process for the Simulink Test product.
- Collaborate with other team members and solve complex problems for our customers.
- Candidates must be pursuing a master's level or a PhD level degree in a technical discipline.
- Programming experience with MATLAB
- Experience with object oriented design
- Pursuing an MS or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a strong academic record
- Strong communication skills
- (Nice to Have) Prior experience with Simulink or similar graphical modeling frameworks
- (Nice to Have) Prior experience with C or C++
- 3 - 6 months full-time commitment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here