Sales Development Representative - Technical
Resumen del empleo
You’ve used MATLAB, now help put it in the hands of people who want to change the world! Join the MathWorks sales team and talk to people who are developing cutting edge technologies and are looking to MathWorks products to help them succeed.
As a sales development representative, you will focus on driving revenue growth by generating new business opportunities to support the sales funnel. This role will manage a high volume of available leads across a wide variety of industries and applications by leveraging advanced phone qualification skills and product, service, industry and workflow knowledge. Working with technical end users and key purchasing contacts, you will create new opportunities that allow sales representatives to cultivate through the sales cycle to achieve individual and/or team specific goals.
- Achieve or exceed monthly targets and quota of qualified opportunities with revenue.
- Respond to inbound web inquiries and help improve sales efficiency and effectiveness targets.
- Fully qualify marketing and sales leads and support prospecting initiatives and campaigns assigned.
- Successfully pursue new customers through outbound calling strategies.
- Leverage advanced qualification along with product, services, industry or workflow knowledge to thoroughly qualify and identify new sales opportunities.
- Prioritize and manage the lead queue volume effectively to maximize new sales opportunities.
- Assign qualified opportunities to appropriate sales representatives by capturing all relevant customer information and sales activities completely into the CRM system in order to advance the sales cycle
- Collaborate with peers and sales representatives to ensure customer responsiveness and attainment of goals.
- Leverage internal resources to develop and expand your lead qualification skills.
- Participate in staff meetings and contribute to sales and marketing meetings on calling efforts to advance the sales cycle.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- A bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience (or equivalent experience) with one year in a customer facing role is required.
- A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering and 1-2 years customer facing experience.
- Demonstrated success understanding business objectives and meeting or exceeding goals.
- Must be customer focused and highly responsive.
- Exceptional persuasive verbal and written communication skills with excellent telephone skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience working in fast-paced, disciplined, process-driven, sales and/or marketing environment
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Completion of sales skills and/or phone skills training is preferred.
- Proficient working with a CRM system to facilitate lead qualification and advancement of sales cycle.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.