Senior Integration & Tools Developer (Jira)
Our internal tools team develops applications to make the MathWorks engineering organization productive and efficient, as well as the tools to measure this productivity.
As a Senior Developer, you’ll design, develop, and implement features to support long-term planning, Agile, and other development workflows using Jira, and build integration points for other internal systems. You’ll use Jira features such as scripted fields, create custom-written Jira plug-ins, and enhance other applications to integrate with Jira.
- Design and develop tools that use Jira APIs to connect to other systems
- Use scripted fields and extend Jira RESTful APIs to provide additional capabilities and performance improvements
- Troubleshoot and debug across Jira and integrated systems
- Ensure all code is testable, create unit tests, and work with quality engineers to develop integration tests
- Develop metrics dashboards and reports for development teams and senior management
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to capture requirements and feedback.
- Ensure efficient delivery of high-quality tooling that drive MathWorks product development standards.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- RESTful Web Services experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming in Groovy and/or Java
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle; preferably with understanding of Agile Kanban/Scrum
- Flexible; able to deal with uncertainty and change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using JIRA, or developing JIRA API.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.