Global Senior Sales Commission Analyst
Join a team that crafts and measures the MathWorks Worldwide Sales Commission plans!
We are seeking a Global Software Sales Commission Analyst to join our Finance and Operations team. You will be responsible for the end to end processes associated with our sales commission program. This includes plan design and modeling, system implementation and inquiry management, as well as analytics to assess the effectiveness of commission plan designs. In this role, you will work directly with executive stakeholders from Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, HR and other supporting organizations to define the strategic compensation initiatives that support the business goals of the company.
- Partner with Sales and Human Resources to identify business goals and strategic priorities and design global commission plans to support the achievement of those objectives.
- Develop and deliver reporting and analytics used to assess current commission plan effectiveness and model and evaluate proposals for plan design changes.
- Gather constructive feedback from a wide cross section of Sales Leaders, Sales Operations, Finance, HR, as well as facilitate benchmarking with HR to create commission plans that achieve desired outcomes.
- Identify and drive opportunities for process improvements to gain long term process efficiencies and more effective work-flow strategies. Develop and document processes/procedures as appropriate. Collaborate with team members and management to prioritize opportunities to improve the workflows for the commission team.
- Create and facilitate the strategy to communicate the compensation program each year and use technology where appropriate to enhance the strategy.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
The candidate must have an aptitude for understanding systems and improving processes. Must be able to prioritize to meet deadlines, be detail-oriented and accurate, as well as hold compensation information in the strictest of confidence.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 3+ years commission experience.
- Commission experience in the high technology industry
- Demonstrated experience reporting and analyzing information
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen, ability to proactively identify issues/questions
- Strong hands on experience with excel, as well as data mining tools such as Business Objects, Power BI and Tableau
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Effective documentation and audit trail skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and persistent in following-up
- Working knowledge of Anaplan and Workday strongly preferred
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here