In this role as Project Engineer, you will work within the Global Real Estate group supporting our Natick Campuses. Today, we have over 30 offices in 16 countries worldwide, which includes over 1 million square feet of high-quality office space in Natick, MA. You’ll support interior fit-out projects, large scale renovations, and new space efforts.
You’ll work closely with architects, engineers, contractors and support teams to design and build high quality corporate office space, with tasks including planning, scheduling, and delivery of space and documentation for record. The role will include project support for quality, timeline, and record-keeping of project tasks, and participation in construction activities such as vendor awards, document reviews, and field reviews.
Technical ability to work with:
(1) Review and constructability insight with construction documents to flag design flaws, and to incorporate end-user serviceability with completed systems. Working knowledge of architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing, as well as systems design and construction-build process.
(2) Construction or project oversight for quality and compliance. Review architects, engineers and third-party field reports for accuracy. Manage general contractor or sub-contractor for ownership through resolution. This includes through the punch listing and warranty process/periods.
(3) Correspondence with construction documentation and close-out. To include review and tracking of submittals and RFIs. Help process during project by downloading and sharing information and escalate items that need MathWorks decision.
(4) Documentation support for group-wide nomenclature, filing, and recording keeping practices. This will be to help create and follow practice for standards in filing and naming throughout all construction and facilities planning projects; be part of the process to determine best practices that fit across several groups in OSG. Need to support the end result for construction documentation being fed into O&M tools.
(5) Small project work. Use facilities planning list, prioritization, and need to support small project work across Natick campuses through all groups of OSG. This will use company tools such as Project Charter, Roles / Responsibilities, and Business Cases to standardize project documentation.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.