The MathWorks Finance team is a dynamic group responsible for accounting and reporting on the Company’s financial results, while also identifying and delivering meaningful insights into the underlying business operations. As a Financial Analyst on this team, you will partner with a collaborative global team to prepare and report on our results, analyze, model and present on the financial impact of business decisions, lead the effort to create the annual US GAAP revenue and expense plan and help to develop models for forecasting.
The role requires an interest and ability to examine data to generate information and forecasts, the ability to work with systems to efficiently analyze data, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills to gather and evaluate information, present findings and discuss recommendations. The goal for this role is to use data and discussion to help address key organizational issues.
- Develop a detailed understanding of business drivers and prepare in-depth analysis to detect trends and key variables that will assist managers in making informed decisions
- Build/maintain complex financial models to support capital and expense decision making, forecast results and measure performance
- Develop meaningful analysis, evaluating both financial and non-financial metrics, to incorporate into reporting for management and to address questions from key stakeholders
- Develop metrics, looking at data sets and similar companies to help management understand the company’s business health
- Increase the use of systems and automation to aggregate and analyze data
- Assist the global Finance team to timely and accurately prepare financial results, metrics and reporting in support of the monthly and quarterly close processes
- Proactively participate in continuous improvement efforts across different areas of the business
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Ability to objectively gather and evaluate data to support a recommendation
- Passion for identifying and presenting insights from data, rather than just reporting results
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and the ability to present analyses, ideas, and suggestions clearly and effectively in a compelling manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be detail oriented, but have the ability to be concise
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to initiate projects or collaborate with others to develop high quality solutions
- Advanced Excel skills including use of power pivots and Power BI
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here