Senior Accounting Analyst
The MathWorks Finance team is a dynamic group responsible for accounting and reporting on the Company’s financial results, while also working to provide insights into our underlying business operations. As a member of this team, you will partner with a collaborative global team to develop our annual revenue and expense plan, prepare and report on our financial results, analyze, model and present on the financial impact of business decisions, develop forecast models and support our annual audit. .
The role requires a solid understanding of US GAAP, familiarity with accounting processes and controls, an interest in working with systems to improve efficiencies and reduce waste and the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management across the organization.
- Partner with key stakeholders and the international finance team to complete the month-end close and consolidation process to support management and US GAAP reporting. Prepare timely and accurate journal entries and account reconciliations, resolve reconciling items in a timely manner and assist with the implementation of new accounting policies and standards.
- Develop a detailed understanding of business drivers and prepare in-depth analysis to detect trends and key variables that will assist managers in making informed decisions.
- Develop meaningful analysis, evaluating both financial and non-financial metrics, to incorporate into reporting for management and to address questions from key stakeholders.
- Support the preparation of the annual expense plan; partner with members of different functional teams to develop projections and evaluate the information provided based on historical trends and expectations about changes in the business.
- Develop an understanding of systems and processes that support accounting, including those related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and fixed assets.
- Proactively identify and drive process improvement opportunities that will improve our efficiency and support workflows related to the worldwide close and reporting process.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Ability to objectively gather and evaluate data to support a recommendation
- Passion for identifying and presenting insights from data, rather than just reporting results
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and the ability to present analyses, ideas, and suggestions clearly and effectively in a compelling manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be detail oriented, but have the ability to be concise
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to initiate projects or collaborate with others to develop high quality solutions
- Advanced Excel skills including use of power pivots and Power BI
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here