Technical Writer - Simulink
Do you have a flair for writing and a talent for explaining complex concepts to technical audiences?
Simulink is powerful software that enables engineers to graphically model and simulate complex systems on their computers. Engineers around the world use Simulink to get their ideas off the ground, including developing safety-critical control systems and reducing fuel emissions. Simulink add-on products have specialized components for aerospace, communications, control logic, signal processing, video and image processing, and many other applications.
You might be:
- A recent graduate in engineering or computer science with a keen interest in technical communication
- An experienced electrical, systems, or software engineer considering a career change
- An experienced technical writer with a strong engineering or computer science background
Come join a team that writes sophisticated online help content that teaches engineers and students to use our Simulink software to solve challenging engineering problems.
At MathWorks, we take pride in our documentation and it is a fully-integrated part of our software. As an important member of a multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Write user-focused content that explains how to use tools to design, model, and simulate engineering systems.
- Work with customers and customer facing groups to identify use cases, workflows, user tasks, and information needs.
- Get hands-on with our software and build the knowledge you need to write interesting, realistic tutorials, examples, and procedures for our users.
- Be an important part of our software development process. Review new features and suggest improvements. Help us design our state-of-the-art tools before we release them to customers.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering, science, mathematics, or other technical area
- Experience with interaction design or User Experience (UX)
- Proven ability to explain complex engineering or science concepts clearly
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional development, quality, and UX teams
- Experience using Simulink or MATLAB
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.