Senior UX Designer
Would you like to join an outstanding User Experience team that is constantly solving new and challenging design problems for scientist and engineers?
Come join us and lead projects through the full design process, from early ideas and sketches, to wireframes and prototypes, and into active development until your pixel-perfect designs “go live” to delight our users across the globe.
We’re committed to creating clear and effective designs for software products that make the world a better place. You may be right for this role if:
- You are enthusiastic about resolving user pains through great design
- You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate
- You want to design easy to use programming and graphical interfaces for technical users
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand MATLAB, a MathWorks product, and develop appropriate design solutions
- Deliver design solutions ranging from command line interfaces to graphical UIs
- Work with project partners to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs and project partners vision
- Produce design ideas and collaborate with teams to identify ideas should move forward into detailed design and eventually production, based on usability testing and technical input
- Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and the latest technologies
- Help promote standard methodologies in design, usability, and accessibility within the design and engineering teams and across the company
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Portfolio available for viewing, demonstrating a history in software/web design
- A STEM Degree
- Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch and other relevant design tools
- Experience collaborating with highly technical development teams
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to visual representations
- Knowledge of programming workflows, developer environments, or technical computing software
- Responsive, and accessible design experience is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.