Manager of Advanced Analytics
We are looking for a top-tier data analytics leader to build up our in-house capabilities in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced analytics. Leading a team of senior analysts, you will manage custom pricing analytics, prospecting applications as well as deliver new insights and capabilities to support our data-driven culture. You will play a leadership role working with other analytics managers across the business to establish analytics standards, best practices and data governance. To succeed in this role, you need to be pragmatic, understand the business context for models and strive to use data to continuously improve our customer experience and operations.
- Lead the team by engaging business stakeholders to understand their needs, develop hypotheses and deliver quantitative models that drive business decisions.
- Ensure your team of data scientists are able to prepare their findings using data visualization and storytelling in a way that easily conveys the insights to the business.
- Manage the project intake and prioritization process where you and your team are participating or leading multiple, concurrent, cross-functional data science projects.
- Be a key contributor in building the data science function across the enterprise by independently delivering impactful analyses and collaborating with other analytics teams on developing best practices.
- Create multi-dimensional models across disparate datasets/departments to highlight the bigger picture opportunities for cost/time savings, business growth and improved customer experience
- Use machine learning and artificial intelligence to go beyond the current state analytics and provide forward-looking models that inform business strategy.
- Develop data science governance, best practices, and processes across the business.
- Keep abreast of new techniques and work with your team to test and implement them.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science and 7+ years of experience in statistical modeling or master’s degree in advanced analytics with 5+ years of experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience leading a technical team including; recruiting, development and managing team dynamics
- Experience in releasing production-quality AI/ML/DS applications
- Highly proficient in SQL, MATLAB and/or Python, R
- Experience building models in marketing and business datasets, both structures and unstructured
- Collaboration tools: Jira, Confluence, SharePoint
- Knowledge of web application development using Perl, PHP, and JQuery a plus.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.