Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
We are looking for highly motivated, problem solver and critical thinking cybersecurity engineer to join our team and help us design/develop secure products and promote software/application security throughout our development organization. You will have the opportunity to work on different high priority projects related to our product security initiative.
Lead a cross-functional online product security technical team:
- Triage (assess, classify, prioritize) incoming security issues across multiple applications
- Work with development teams to ensure timely and fixes consistent with security best practices
- Provide recommendations to senior management for security policies, standards, and processes for organization-wide adoption
- Assist development teams with security threat modeling of their applications
- Develop security libraries & frameworks that can be strategically leveraged across our server products and web applications
Contribute to organization-wide product security initiative:
- Participate in security reviews of new applications and features with security impact
- Define, develop and enforce security Service Level Objectives
- Improve existing security analysis techniques, such as threat modeling
- Influence and facilitate the adoption of security policies, standards, and processes
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Working knowledge of OWASP Top 10 (risk assessment and remediation)
- Experience with security threat modeling, penetration testing, and security reviews
- Hands-on experience with security testing tools (static and dynamic analysis)
- Experience securing multi-tenant cloud environments in different deployment scenarios
- Experience with secure coding techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of web application architectures and web technologies such as XML/JSON, HTML, CSS, HTTP(S), WebSockets
- Good communication, interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills Knowledge of current cyber security trends, as well as the continued research of emerging trends and hacking techniques
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.