Infrastructure Engineer (Virtualization and Storage)
Systems Engineering is a full-stack team with a diversity of expertise and engineering backgrounds. We design and implement compute and storage infrastructure that support our Development organization. We use a hybrid of commercial, open source and in-house developed solutions to increase performance and improve fault tolerance in support of the building, testing, and releasing of all MathWorks products.
Infrastructure Engineers maintain all aspects of our hosting platform for virtual machines. This includes hardware selection and installation, virtualization platform maintenance, virtual machine deployment, and application design support and troubleshooting. The candidate is expected to work with team members to automate repeated tasks, participate in code reviews and ensure that the system operates efficiently.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with VMware ESXi and vSAN
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Experience with Ansible or similar configuration management tool
- Expertise with Python
- Familiarity with systems monitoring (Nagios preferred, Sensu)
- Experience working with SCM tools (git preferred)
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with ZFS-based storage a plus
- Experience with OpenStack is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile team environment a plus
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with global extended team a plus
- Experience with cloud provisioning (Terraform, Heat or similar) a plus
- Experience with infrastructure as code a plus
- Independent learner and self-directed; takes initiative while working within a team
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance priorities with good time management
- Desire and ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.