Software Engineer in Test - Database Toolbox
Modelo de empleo híbrido
MathWorks ofrece un modelo de empleo híbrido que permite al personal dividir su tiempo entre la oficina y sus hogares. El modelo híbrido permite a los empleados beneficiarse de interacciones cara a cara con sus compañeros, así como de una mayor flexibilidad en casa. Más información.
Resumen del empleo
Are you passionate about databases? Do you love writing code in MATLAB? Do you have a knack for finding software bugs? If so, this could be the job for you.
As a Software Engineer in Test you will be an innovator! Participate in projects from their early design stages and play a meaningful role in driving them to product release. The engineer will be responsible for crafting, developing and implementing test plans, building automated test suites, developing test tooling and infrastructure for running automated tests, verifying bug fixes and conducting hands-on testing. Join the Quality Engineering team and not only be contributing to our final product release but also play a meaningful role in evolving our Test Bed for future scalability.
- Providing feedback about plans for product and tool development
- Developing test strategies and procedures for new product features
- Writing test suites for new features using primarily MATLAB and C++
- Interactively trying out new features early in development to find bugs across multiple platforms (UNIX/MAC/PC, MATLAB Online, MATLAB Mobile, etc.)
- Detecting, reporting, investigating, triaging, and tracking detected bugs using our bug tracking system
- Working closely with our multi-functional engineering teams including Quality Engineering, Development, Usability, and Documentation
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Computer Science, or related degree preferred
- Programming experience in MATLAB and C++
- Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, MongoDB or other database programming experience
- Familiarity with ODBC and JDBC interfaces
- Object-oriented programming experience
Nice to have:
- 1-2 years’ experience with quality engineering and the software development lifecycle
- Experience with software testing
- Advanced coursework or experience in financial modeling or analysis
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.