Principal HR Business Partner
Working within a highly collaborative team, HR Business Partners address organizational needs of a designated business area and lead or participate in a variety of challenging HR projects and initiatives. Use your HR experience to provide guidance and coaching to managers and staff. Facilitate, champion, and educate on organizational design practices, retention and development efforts, performance management approaches, and employee relations issues.
Build a business partner relationship with management and staff of the Sales and Product Services departments and develop a strong understanding of their business, their goals and challenges. Anticipate, assess, and help to address systemic issues through facilitation, coaching, counseling and the use of HR data and technology. Identify areas for increasing efficiency or ways of working in support of continuous improvement for the HR team. Work closely with other business partners and HR functions in a matrixed and global environment.
- Provide consultative guidance to business area managers on organizational and staff needs.
- Manage and resolve complex workplace and employee relations matters
- Coach and counsel management and staff on the performance management process.
- Collaborate with the compensation team and managers to facilitate merit planning and compensation initiatives.
- Collaborate with other HR team members, manage projects or provide direction on HR-related programs and practices.
- Ensure consistency, communication and collaboration in a matrixed and global environment.
- Analyze trends and use metrics to propose and develop solutions and best practices.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Ability to influence and provide credible HR guidance to management at all levels
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships through effective communications. This includes audience-centered writing, active listening skills and adjusting verbal communication style as needed.
- Proven experience coaching and counseling all levels of staff on a wide variety of issue
- Possesses a thorough understanding of performance management systems and employment law
- Knowledge of organizational development programs and practices, such as team dynamics, staff engagement and retention, change management, communication styles, and staff and leadership development.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to diagnose root causes
- Skilled in facilitating meetings and delivering presentations to a variety of in-person and remote audiences
- Demonstrated business acumen and a working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines
- Ability to work in a time sensitive and confidential environment
- Computer skills in MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and HRIS (Workday is a plus)
- 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources.
- High tech experience preferred
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.