User Experience Designer Intern
Are you looking for Summer or Fall 2021 UI and UX Designer intern?
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work with members of a cross-functional development team to help design user interactions and improve user experience.
As an intern, you will receive a combination of practical experience and training in a work environment that fosters and rewards cooperation, teamwork, learning, and fun.
This internship will prepare you for a career at MathWorks starting in our Engineering Development Group (EDG).
After training on MathWorks development processes and tools, you will work with the User Experience team on projects to
- Drive the full user-centered design lifecycle, from concepting through final visual design.
- Lead ideation sessions with diverse groups to properly frame complex problems.
- Translate requirements into storyboards, user flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Participate in user research, usability tests and other evaluation activities.
- Help the team interpret and understand user feedback and provide recommendations to design decisions based on that feedback.
- Research and showcase knowledge in industry trends and the latest technologies across a variety of platforms.
- Contribute to requirements and design documents.
- Candidates must be pursuing a master's level or a PhD level degree in a technical discipline.
- Have a design portfolio
- Knowledge of user-centered design, UX methods, UI/UX design, or human subjects research & experimental design
- Programming experience in any programming language (MATLAB, R, Python, C++, Java, JS, etc.)
- Experience with visual design tools such as Balsamiq, Adobe XD, Axure
- 3 months full-time commitment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.