Senior Database Analyst
Come join us and help accelerate our transformation from database operations to database reliability engineering! Our team is continually focused on designing, building, monitoring, and maintaining database infrastructure. In this role, you will work directly with application developers and cloud engineers to ensure reliability, scalability, and performance of our SaaS and Enterprise databases. This position will give you the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies including AWS, Azure, and containers. This position will require a strong focus on eliminating toil via automation.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have an engineering mindset and like to identify and design solutions to architectural issues before they become actual problems
- Like to be continually challenged with researching and implementing new technologies and processes and take them from idea to implementation
- Challenge yourself and others towards continuous improvement
- Have a strong, customer-focused mindset
- Dream of having an excellent work-life balance
- Partner with application development and infrastructure teams to design and build fast, reliable database infrastructure.
- Code, configure, integrate, and manage tools to enhance the database infrastructure.
- Propose and implement automation to eliminate manual operations.
- Participate in database and infrastructure deployment activities for applications hosted on-premises and in AWS and Azure.
- Support development, test, and production environments.
- Participate in rotating on-call support to ensure high availability of our business-critical applications
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- MSSQL, MariaDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- SQL Language expertise
- Public Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Shell scripting
- Experience with source code management (Git preferred)
- Experience in one or more development languages:
- Python, Powershell, C/C++, Java, MATLAB, .Net (C# or VB), PHP, Node.js or Ruby
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- MongoDB (or Amazon DocumentDB or Azure Cosmos)
- Exposure to Hibernate, Liquibase or Maven
- Continuous integration services: Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience with cloud, containers, virtualization based technologies such as AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes or VMWare
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.