Software Program Manager
We are seeking an experienced Software Program Manager who will be part of a highly skilled, dedicated team focused on delivering challenging, high value projects that shape the direction of our flagship Simulink family of products. You will join a growing Program Management team that nurtures individual growth, encourages initiative, and values teamwork.
As a member of the software development team, the Software Program Manager supports the planning and execution of multiple projects or programs in support of the continuing evolution of our simulation and code generation technologies and products. The Software Program Manager will:
- Partner with cross-functional software development teams to help them prioritize, plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on building the right things at the highest levels of quality.
- Perform program analysis, manage risk, identify and influence necessary course corrections, and communicate program status and activities across multiple levels of management.
- Continuously assess and improve the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentor other members of the teams to do the same.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience in developing commercial software products using Agile development practices
- Outgoing, highly organized, detail-oriented, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change
- Ability to influence others even when you have no direct line of authority over them
- Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
- Expertise managing cross-organizational software development projects from initiation through delivery
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development
- Experience with process improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, RCA) desirable
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, or comparable products desirable
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.