Software Engineer in Test
MathWorks is seeking a smart, creative, and energetic Software Engineer in Test whose interest, curiosity, and passion for quality drives testing solutions to enhance the application quality to new levels. Join our IT Quality Engineering team, responsible for steering quality goals for our core models applications and integrations (UIs, web services, and APIs).
- Work in an agile software development environment collaborating with engineering team to analyze requirements specifications and discuss software design and testability to ensure we deliver high quality of software.
- Understand how all elements of the application technology stack work together, evaluate functional and design specifications and develop testing approaches and strategies that fit the overall quality objectives
- Consistently apply end-user mindset to evaluate technical implementation and formulate & execute high quality test plans to provide enriched experience to our users
- Design and develop robust test automation class libraries for UI, integrations, and API layers of the application stack
- Maintain automated regression suites/packages to be compliant with changing requirements and features
- Actively participate in functional, system and regression testing
- Analyze and report bugs, and work with software engineers to resolve them
- Partner with quality engineering teams to ideate on tooling that enables improving testing efficiency, reliability and accelerates the deployment cycles
- Promote culture of test automation by exploring and identifying test automaton opportunities at all layers (unit, integration, UI) of the application stack
- Proficiency with Java
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Excellent understanding of software quality principles and processes
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing functional requirements and authoring comprehensive testing strategies, test plans for complex application architecture
- Proficient in functional testing and automation of RESTful APIs
- Experience working with build tools such as Maven
- Familiarity with source code management and CI/CD tools such as GitLab, Jenkins
- Passionate about analyzing, isolating, and solving problems.
- Experience working in agile frameworks (Scrum/Kanban)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with testing and automating web services and Java APIs
- Proficiency in SQL and database concepts
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.