Senior Web Graphics Engineer
Are you an expert in designing and developing scalable, performant web graphics, and interested bringing MATLAB's extensive graphics capabilities to the web? We are seeking a Senior Web Graphics Engineer to help our Graphics and Data Visualization team deliver MATLAB graphics wherever our customers visualize data!
You will have a role in all phases of the architecture, design, development, and testing of the MATLAB web graphics system, driven by your technical skills, UX sensibilities, familiarity with web architecture, and commitment to delivering established, reliable graphics capabilities to customers working in new, web-based environments.
Specifically, you will:
- Leverage your understanding of service-oriented architecture and user experience principles to help design and implement an efficient, flexible, and responsive graphics system for the web.
- Follow standard software development lifecycle practices as you design and implement features and bug fixes, while working and sharing knowledge with teammates and cross-functional collaborators (QE, UX, Marketing, etc.).
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with web graphics or charting frameworks such as D3.js, Three.js, Bokeh, Vega, HighCharts, etc.
- Familiarity with 3D rendering technologies and concepts, such as OpenGL, scene graphs, and shaders
- Experience with Object Oriented programming in C++
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.