C++ Software Engineer
In this position you will be joining a talented team working on the core architecture of Simulink (Simulink experience is not required). Simulink is a world renowned tool for model-based design, where dynamic system models are used to go from concept to simulation though to implementation via automatic code generation. Simulink is currently used in the design of every-day-systems (such as cars) to advanced systems (such as space vehicles). You will be working on the portions of Simulink that are used by our customers in modeling, simulating, and deploying modular, multi-domain engineering systems.
You will leverage your software architecture skills to design and develop the next generation of block diagram enhancements and tools for use in modeling, simulation and code generation of complex multi-domain systems.
You will have a particular focus on:
- Working on the core layer of Simulink. The core layer of Simulink is leveraged by other development teams within MathWorks
- Building the foundation of new features for Simulink
- Improving the performance and scalability of Simulink to enable customers to build large scale models
- Enhancing the user experience of Simulink with a focus on large scale modeling
- Collaborating with other Simulink teams and developing algorithms to improve modeling, simulation, testing and code generation for component-based workflows
- Experience with C++
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with object oriented design
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Master’s or PHD degree in engineering or computer science
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.