We are looking for a motivated and talented software engineer with a passion for great software engineering and customer success.
You will be a key member of a small team developing new features for managing and tracking requirements in model-based design workflows. Leveraging the MathWorks technology stack from the C++ back end through to the HTML5 and MATLAB front end, you will help create novel ways of representing, analyzing and visualizing requirements within the Simulink environment that is used extensively by engineers and scientists around the world.
This position will provide you an opportunity to expand your development skills with a deep understanding of model-based design technologies and workflows to deliver new useful features.
- Design and implement new features to enhance requirements representations and traceability management in MATLAB and Simulink product families.
- Develop capabilities to exchange requirements data with 3rd-party requirements management tools.
- Actively participate in architecture and design reviews
- Collaborate with cross-product development teams
- Engage with customers and customer facing engineers to deliver intuitive, elegant and powerful features
- Experience with C++
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Broad comprehension of object oriented programming, design patterns, idioms, and styles
- Expertise with C++ or other OOP-based programming language.
- Experience with large code bases.
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, UML, or other model-based design technologies is desirable.
- Project leadership experience
- Experience with commercial requirements management tools such as DOORS, Polarion, PTC Integrity, or similar is desirable.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.