Partner Manager, Data Science Platforms
MathWorks is looking for a strong, self-starter, technical Partner Manager to develop and execute global marketing and selling plans with its Cloud Data Science and Machine Learning platform partners.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with, and integrating with, cloud data science platforms and enterprise IT / AI platforms, to enable customers to use MATLAB and Simulink to effectively source data, build models and operationalize machine learning, predictive maintenance, and AI algorithms across their organization.
As an individual contributor on the team, this dynamic role will focus on: (a) developing and managing partner relationships, (b) designing and implementing technical marketing and selling plans and activities, and (c) analyzing results and impact and optimizing accordingly.
This person will be expected to work closely with Partners, and internal MathWorks teams such as Application Engineering, Technical Marketing, Product Development, Sales, and Marketing Communications. An important element of this role is to create links between working groups within the company and with the partners. For this reason, the candidate must possess leadership, excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Identify, develop and manage relationships with select key teams and management at the partner company/s
- Design and implement technical marketing, selling plans and activities
- Drive online communities and web traffic with partner web entities
- Create and deliver content and tools to enable sales and field engineering teams
- Engage with select lead customers to understand use cases and collect integration feedback. Work with Product Development to act on customer feedback
- Manage MathWorks participation at key partner events
- Follow and refine processes, best practices, and tools to scale partner activities
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field. MBA is preferred
- Experience programming in Java, C#, Python is a plus; and familiarity with MATLAB is preferred
- Experience working with and integrating with cloud data science platforms such as the following is preferred:
- Data analytics and Big Data, e.g. Hadoop, Spark, SAS
- Databases (SQL/NoSQL/Historians), e.g. SQL Server, MongoDB, OSIsoft PI Server
- Cloud, e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP
- Messaging and IoT related technologies, e.g. Kafka & IoT Hub
- Visualization, e.g. Tableau, Power BI & Spotfire
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational and project management skills
- Self-starter and result oriented personality
- Able to thrive in a collaborative work environment
This position will be based at MathWorks headquarters in Natick, MA. The candidate would only need to travel about 10% of the time.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.