Financial Business Analyst - Global Sourcing/Procurement
Seeking a Global Financial Business Analyst responsible for using analytic techniques to support sourcing and procurement projects. Establish and maintain communication channels with leadership, key team members, and internal business units for data gathering/analysis and to support their business requirements. Initial focus will be MathWorks Source to Pay (S2P) workflow. S2P is the end-to-end workflow used by procurement for expenditures such as capital improvements, furniture & fixtures, equipment, software, etc. Source to Pay is the process that starts with analyzing the business need, sourcing, negotiating with, and contracting the supplier of goods, tax assessment and finishes with payment.
In addition, review business processes and workflows to optimize operational effectiveness. The goal of each assignment is to support the identification of potential transformation opportunities and to create value.
Business Analysis and Data Analytics
- Provide financial and operational business analysis to support workflows and proposed expenditures.
- Consolidate data analysis into “usable business lenses”. Perform analysis and benchmarks such as usage, cost per user, total cost of ownership, etc.
- Present findings and problem solve issues with relevant business managers.
- Using the yearly budget data, create a detailed funnel of annual expenditures to be prioritized.
- Develop the necessary metrics to measure the effectiveness of the S2P workflow.
- Become a focal point of reference for the S2P workflow. Coordinate activities with the Finance Management team including prioritizing projects, design reviews, and pro-active analysis.
Project Management/Process Improvement
- Maintain project plans to collect and provide transparency to sourcing initiatives.
- Build working relationships with cross-functional team members and management. Learn and apply project management methodologies and tools (Agile, Confluence, etc.)
- Apply business process improvement tools to improve S2P workflows (project charters, problem statements, root cause analysis, etc.)
- Lead and manage assigned cross-functional teams to implement process improvement opportunities.
- Identify and document core business processes (current state and future state).
- Publish an annual Sourcing Planning Calendar with coordination from affected Departments.
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in/with project management
- MBA preferred with a finance, business, or systems concentration.
- +15 years’ experience working within Finance, Operations, or IT
- High business acumen with proficient critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Negotiations skills and the ability to deal with difficult conversations
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and consensus-based decision organizational structure
- Familiarity with purchasing procedures and workflows a plus
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.