Senior C++ Software Engineer - Data Management
Come join a core development team and enhance the experience of every Simulink customer. Simulink & Stateflow are the products of choice for engineers doing Model-Based Design.
Our customers use our products to:
- · Model and simulate dynamic systems (e.g., automobiles, airplanes, spacecraft)
- · Design the algorithms needed to control these systems
- · Automatically convert these algorithms into code that is used to control the real system
We are looking for highly motivated and adaptable engineers to a robust and scalable backend for data management systems and workflows in Simulink.
Come help us accelerate the pace of science and engineering!
As part of a core software development team, you'll enhance the capabilities of our customers to configure data in Simulink.
- Identifying customers workflows and performance bottleneck
- Improving the existing architectures as well as designing and implementing new architecture from scratch
- Working closely within the team and with teams across the organization
- Taking initiative to promote new ideas and opportunities in all stages of software design, coding, testing, and maintenance within an agile team
- Experience with C++
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Experience with databases, advanced data structures, and algorithm development
- Experience with C++, BOOST, STL, and Design Patterns
- Prior experience in mentoring others, leading projects, or managing teams is preferred
- Technical experience in relevant industries (automotive, aerospace, mechatronics, robotics)
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, or Stateflow is a plus
- Experience with simulation, Controls Theory, and/or Model-Based Design is a plus
- Experience with service-oriented or cloud architecture is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.