Senior Application Engineer - Hardware/Embedded
We are seeking a Design Engineer that understands both Embedded Software and Hardware development. Knowledge of common programming languages such as C/C++ and also Verilog and VHDL is one of the requirements for this position. A successful candidate would also be familiar with Systems Engineering and have knowledge of Simulink and MATLAB.
As a technical member of the sales team, you will be responsible for interacting with prospective customers, generating excitement, confidence and passion for the usage of Model-Based-Design within their organization. Model-Based-Design includes the use of MathWorks' MATLAB, Simulink and HDL Coder products for deployment in complex control and algorithmic applications.
- Work directly with select customers to establish project road maps and technical procedures for Model-Based-Design deployments ensuring successful revenue growth in these important markets.
- Establish deployment requirements and work with other development engineers to implement required features or determine how to most effectively use existing features toward giving customers a clear perspective on the value of the products.
- Establish technical procedures designed to ease the rollout of capabilities and solutions for solving complex deployment problems.
- Periodic air and ground travel for customer presentations and planning discussions is required (up to %10). May also include occasional international travel.
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff focused on a fast-paced and continually evolving strategy
- Proficiency with HDL's
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- US Citizenship is ideal due to the nature of the customers served, but not required.
- MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science is strongly preferred
- Experience with using MATLAB and Simulink for signal processing and/or hardware development including:
Experience with signal processing development for FPGA, ASIC, or Embedded processor targets
- Knowledge of related technologies including one or more of the following: detailed usage of simulation applications, HDL simulation, synthesis and implementation tools, performance trade-offs between resources, processing speed and power
- Expert level in C/C++ programming concepts or HDL design and verification
- Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans leading to the successful deployment of MathWorks solutions
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-task based upon frequently changing business opportunities and external demands
- Prior automatic code generation tool experience
- Fixed-point development experience
- Tools development experience
Advanced RADAR and image processing application experience
Knowledge of System Verilog and hardware verification, UVM framework
- Experience working with System on a Chip (SoC)
- Considerable experience with MATLAB or Simulink
- Experience with working in a customer-facing role
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.