Senior Software Program Manager - Install and Licensing
As a Senior Software Program Manager at MathWorks, you will work on cross-functional teams and programs to develop high quality software that accelerates the pace of engineering and science. Specifically, the solutions that your team develops enables our customers to efficiently download, install and activate our software across various platforms, configurations, and licensing models. In this role, you will be part of the leadership group that charters projects and programs to achieve strategic objectives. You will partner with engineering managers to define processes and strategies that enable cross-functional teams to plan, prioritize, and execute these projects and programs efficiently and effectively.
- Facilitate planning process to create SMART multi-release plans that align with strategic objectives
- Identify dependencies and facilitate communication with dependent/impacted teams to negotiate and establish agreement on responsibilities and plans.
- Identify issues and risks, define their mitigation plan, and track them to resolution or escalate appropriately
- Champion our core value of continuous improvement. Facilitate problem-solving to identify root causes of issues and ensure countermeasures address the problem decisively. Lead process improvement activities that eliminate significant sources of waste
- Design, pilot, and roll out new processes, best practices, standards, and KPIs as needed to improve team efficiency and effectiveness while avoiding unnecessary duplication of/variation from standard processes
- Evaluate team agile development practices, identify opportunities for improvement, and execute a visible plan for their achievement
- Co-author and execute change management and pilot plans. Gather, analyze, and incorporate feedback
- Monitor KPIs to identify issues impacting software quality or team productivity - define, communicate and track the plan to address those issues
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
- Experience in program management for commercial software
- Ability to understand software technology; able to participate and contribute to technical conversations
- Ability to influence others even when you do not have direct authority over them
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Kanban software development methodologies
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with software download, install and licensing techologies is a nice to have
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.