Senior Tax Professional
MathWorks is looking for a Senior Tax Professional to join its tax team. As part of our collaborative group, this role serves as a key contributor in the Company’s US tax compliance program. This individual will lead multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for a US parent and its international locations. The role will be exposed to a wide variety of tax projects as well as operational functions. The candidate needs to possess an aptitude for systems and be willing to partner with IT & Corporate Accounting to leverage technology. This position offers excellent opportunities to the right candidate and will report to the Corporate Tax Manager.
- Plan and manage the US income tax compliance program
- Develop and streamline tax compliance processes through the Company’s continuous improvement initiative
- Research changing tax laws as they relate to digital taxation/e-commerce and develop plans to address them
- Contribute and collaborate with multiple business operations projects needing tax advise
- Assist the with income and indirect tax audits
- Assist with potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in/with taxes
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance, with an intermediate understanding of accounting concepts
- MS degree in Taxation and CPA or LLM (preferred)
- 10+ years Income Tax experience in public accounting/corporate tax department
- Experience in software industry a plus
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- General systems & process savvy with experience in relevant software/online tools & financial reporting systems
- Strong organizational & communication skills and possess a teamwork mentality
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.