Senior Application Security Engineer
As a member of MathWorks Product Security team, the Senior Application Security Engineer works closely with software engineers, process engineers, architects, and others help integrate security best practices into their build and development environments to ensure consistent application of security controls across the product portfolio.
This person should be familiar with Secure Development practices and have experience helping product teams adopt these activities. The ideal candidate will be a high energy, team oriented, customer driven problem solver with prior experience building secure software for enterprises.
- Guide teams in the adoption of Secure Development activities. (Threat Modeling, Security Architecture review, Static/dynamic analysis, Training)
- Participate in planning and architecture sessions with engineering management, architects, operations, and development team leads
- Provide application security expertise to support vulnerability response process
- Improve security standards, processes, and tooling to support MathWorks Product and services and “shift left” of security within the development lifecycle
- Provide security guidelines and review security related documentation
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- 5+ years’ working on Application Security, Vulnerability Assessment, Penetration Testing
- 3+ years’ working on Threat Modelling and Security architecture reviews
- 2+ years’ hands on experience with one or more programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability to investigate and solve complex problems
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to get up to speed on new security framework and concepts
- Experience with application security such as OWASP Top 10
- Skilled on at least one of these tools: SonarQube, Burp Suite, Black Duck, Fortify, OWASP ZAP, NESSUS, Coverity, Fortify
- Hands-on experience with static and dynamic analysis security testing software
- Experience with cloud computing: AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Containers, DevSecOps
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.