Senior Software Program Manager
As a Senior Software Program Manager within the Signal Processing group, you will enable and influence cross-functional teams within deep vertical domains including Robotics, Autonomous Systems, Automated Driving and Signal Processing to efficiently deliver software.
In this role, you are part of the cross-functional leadership group that drives projects and programs to achieve strategic objectives. You will partner with the engineering managers, program managers and other leaders to define processes and strategies enabling globally dispersed cross-functional teams to plan, prioritize, and execute those projects.
We seek someone who is strategic, values collaboration, is passionate about process improvement and can motivate others towards achieving a shared vision.
- Facilitate bi-annual planning process to create multi-release plans aligning with strategic objectives
- Design, create and maintain team collaboration and communication tools
- Evaluate team agile practices, identify areas to improve, develop plan and coach team
- Identify dependencies, facilitate communication with dependent/impacted teams
- Champion continuous improvement core value and lead process improvement to eliminate waste
- Design, pilot, and roll out processes, best practices, standards, and KPI’s to improve team performance
- Monitor KPIs to identify issues in team quality and/or performance
- Co-author and execute change management and pilot plans. Gather, analyze, and incorporate feedback.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Technical degree in Engineering
- Experience in program management of commercial software
- Influence without authority
- Expertise in process improvement and change management including application of Root Cause Analysis, Reflection and A3 for problem solving.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Kanban software development methodologies
- Experience using work management and collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, and Teams
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience developing products as developer is nice to have
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.