The Receptionist is a part of the Workplace Services Group; a team whose functional role is to provide a wide variety of support services to the entire organization.
The Receptionist will staff the front desk and serve as a welcoming and professional first contact for all guests, contractors, and interview candidates. Responsibilities include providing project and administrative support for the Workplace Services Team, managing the company’s Conference Center and supporting the Wellness Center.
- Welcome guests, contractors, and interview candidates; contact the appropriate staff and direct visitors as needed
- Assist with guest services for major on-site events
- Manage the company's Conference Center by collaborating with internal training staff members
- Assist visitors and staff with a variety of concierge type services
- Provide administrative and project support for the Workplace Services team and other groups as necessary
- Work with the Wellness Center to streamline scheduling
- Support our internal eStore as needed
- Recognize areas for process improvements and make recommendations
- Work closely with Security to apply all procedures and best practices of the Reception/Security operation
- Monitor company standards regarding the aesthetics and cleanliness of the Main Lobby and Conference Center
- Coordinate and capture photographs of each new hire on a weekly basis and upload them into internal system
- Provide new hires with weekly tours of our campus consisting of four buildings and discuss onsite offerings
- Lead weekly meetings with extended team to discuss upcoming events and meetings in Conference Center and throughout campus
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Technically savvy- Teams, Outlook calendar management, help ticket system, reporting, visitor management system, SharePoint exposure/experience
- Strong multi-tasking skills; ability to manage many things at one time
- 2 Years Reception/Customer Service Experience
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams
- Experience on web-based point of sale systems a plus
- Experience with scheduling software
- Services may be required at both Natick campuses
- Notary preferred
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.