IT Infrastructure Scrum Master
Are you a driven and motivated problem solver, passionate about agile processes, striving to make an impact every day, and with experience serving as a scrum master for IT Infrastructure teams?
As an IT Infrastructure scrum master, you will support up to four teams that strive to build the best hosting and network infrastructure for MathWorks.
- Coaches teams and product owners on scrum values, principles, and best practices
- Facilitates scrum ceremonies
- Understands product planning and ensures the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value
- Uses data and metrics to provide information regarding team’s health (people, process, progress, and overall satisfaction) to technology leaders
- Removes impediments for the teams and escalates appropriately
- Coordinates activities leading up to a release to ensure teams are aligned
- Assesses the agile maturity of the team and coaches them to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Networks with other IT scrum masters to share and improve agile practices
- Partners with the product owners on project intake and quarterly product roadmap planning sessions; communicates status of projects and releases as needed
- Helps teams to breakdown project work into stories and to prioritize those stories during sprint planning ceremonies.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- 3+ years of experience as a scrum master in an IT organization
- Basic understanding of Networks, Enterprise Storage (primary and backup), Virtualization, and Infrastructure Delivery Models (Managed Hosting and IaaS)
- High level of energy, determination, and perseverance, knowing when to take a position and discuss and when to back off in a demanding organization.
- Collaborative in driving decisions.
- Works well under pressure and can shift readily between the big picture and the small but crucial details, knowing when to focus on each.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.