Principal Data Analyst
The Principal Analyst is a key contributor to the overall success of MathWorks data-driven decision culture. Reporting into the Finance organization, your role will be to identify data across the organization that can be used to generate new insights into revenue/sales drivers, customer behaviors and increase efficiencies in our operations. You will build and deploy statistical models and generate analysis to drive actions based on data. You will also be responsible for gathering input from stakeholders to identify new analytic opportunities to continuously improve the analytics capabilities at MathWorks.
- You will frame and conduct analyses and experiments drawing from large structured and unstructured data sets.
- Apply analytic/statistical methods to extract insights and explore relationships with other forms of operational data
- Develop, test and implement algorithms for propensity to buy models, clustering and regression models
- Build and integrate BI tools while also producing reports and presenting them to internal teams and stakeholders.
- Apply advanced data analytics and machine learning techniques to solve challenging problems
- Identify patterns and trends from large datasets
- Actively identify opportunities to gather performance insights from available data and proactively pursues opportunities to leverage secondary data and resources necessary to develop and enhance predictive models
- Assist in the creation and implementation of analytics platforms and programs
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D) in Applied Statistics, Machine Learning, or Mathematics, preferred
- Understanding and ability to apply quantitative statistical methods of analysis to solve complex business and marketing challenges
- Extensive knowledge of statistical modeling for building predictive models
- Knowledge and experience in advanced statistical computation using statistical software packages, MATLAB strongly preferred
- Ability to analyze and synthesize raw data to make sound recommendations
- Familiarity with Tableau, Business Objects, MS Power BI reporting platforms
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Application development experience with one or more of the following: Python, Angular, PHP, or J Query.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.